NOTE: New CSMFO Members who pay dues between 9/13 and 10/1 will show an expiration date of 2019. Staff will manually update this for you to show that your membership is valid through the end of 2020. Thank you.
Types of CSMFO membership:
- Municipal: Open to all public employees and elected or appointed officials presently having responsibility for, oversight of, or engaged in, the function of government finance in any city, special district or county in the State of California.
- Commercial Associate: Open to persons or corporations not currently employed by a government agency whose livelihood is derived principally from commercial or professional activities directly related to government finance.
- Other Government: Open to government employees in the financial field who do not presently qualify for Municipal or Commercial membership but who are interested in the principles and practices of government finance. This may include finance professionals from state agencies, school districts, universities and representatives from other finance professional organizations such as GFOA.
- Retired: Open to former municipal members who have retired from public service.
- Student / Professor: Open to persons presently enrolled in or teaching finance, accounting or public administration studies.
- Honorary: Past presidents who are retired may be granted honorary status.
- Complimentary: Open to those persons as determined by the board of directors.
- Temporary: A six month temporary membership may be extended to any municipal member due to the loss of employment at a public agency at the discretion of the board of directors.