Under general supervision, collects or assists in the collection, organization and analysis of data involved with budget proposals, payroll processing, management and organization, or systems and procedures; prepares detailed research reports and recommendations; performs related work, as required.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Provide responsible professional and technical assistance to the Finance Manager/Deputy City Manager in the analysis, implementation and monitoring of departmental programs.
· Process payroll and oversee payroll related functions.
· Prepare/maintain federal and state grants.
· Monitor, coordinate, and audit the daily operation of related contracts, agreements, proposals, or grant projects.
· Make recommendations for changes to programs, contracts, or rental agreements.
· Submit reimbursement requests.
· Conduct surveys, perform research, and statistical analyses, as requested.
· Verify calculations, accuracy of orders, and receipts of merchandise.
· Prepare budget recommendations relative to assigned area of responsibility.
· Research past expenditures and project annual increases.
· Track expenditures for adherence to budgetary boundaries.
· Compile monthly and yearly operation reports.
· Prepare specifications, bids, and quotations for office supplies and equipment.
· Prepare proposals and special projects.
· Review and report information for payroll and for various programs, in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
· Attend various professional organization meetings, workshops, and other regulatory meetings as a representative of the City.
· Meet with City Attorney to discuss legal issues involving departmental projects.
· Provide responsible administrative staff assistance.
· Conduct analyses of municipal policies involving organization, procedures, and services.
· Prepare high profile projects and reports.
· Maintain accurate project records, documents, and supporting material for department and ensure proper disposition.
· Interpret and implement federal, state and local regulations and guidelines for grant-funded projects.
· Respond to complaints and requests.
· Resolve challenges associated with purchase requisitions and orders, shipping, receiving, price changes, and product changes.
· Prepare routine reports and a variety of related manual and clerical duties.
· Maintain records of inventories and establish appropriate stock levels and re-order points.
· Operate a variety of office equipment, including computer software applications, scanners, photocopiers, fax machines, and printers.
· Safely operate a City vehicle.
Education, Training, and Experience Guidelines
High school diploma or GED equivalent, Supplemented by 60 college semester units majoring in Public Administration, or a closely related field, and three years of advanced administrative activity performing complex specialized duties or payroll, preferably within a municipal agency.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. 30 college semester units in Business Administration or related field and two years of experience in payroll or purchasing. Public agency experience preferable.
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.VICTORVILLECA.GOV no later than: September 20, 2018.