||North of the River Recreation & Park District
QUALIFICATIONS: Equivalent to a BA degree in business or finance with a concentration in accounting and 4 years of progressively responsible experience in finance, accounting, and budgeting to include two years supervisory experience. Strong computer skills; and familiar with employee benefit and pension administration and regulatory reporting helpful. Or, have any combination of training and experience that would provide the knowledge and skills to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
Knowledge of operation of a financial and data processing system; generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); budgeting and treasury management; purchasing practices and procedures; management and supervision; public administration or business principles and practices; financial management information systems; related computer applications.
Ability to effectively supervise the flow of work and the systematic keeping of complete and accurate records; analyze and verify financial records and documents; prepare comprehensive financial reports; collect, evaluate and interpret varied information and data; prepare clear, concise and complete narrative and statistical reports and other written materials; evaluate alternatives and reach sound conclusions; exercise sound independent judgment within established guidelines; interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures such as Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements; plan, direct and evaluate the work of staff; coordinate multiple projects and meet critical deadlines; maintain effective working relationships; use Microsoft Office and other finance/accounting related software. Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions; can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following typical tasks and responsibilities are representative of the position's essential dutieswithin the assigned areas.
• DISTRICT ACCOUNTING FUNCTIONS - Responsible for the day to day operation of all District accounting functions. This includes general ledger recordkeeping and reporting, accounts payable, cash, purchasing, receivables, payroll, and fixed assets. Set up systems and policies to maintain an operation consistent with governmental finance and accounting standards.
• DISTRICT ACCOUNTING AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS: Evaluate and coordinate development of new procedures for District accounting and information systems.
• DISTRICT BUDGET - Coordinate preparation of District annual budget and presentation to Board of Directors. Work entails maintaining a budget system to compare and contrast historical information and current expenditures to actuals. Detailed analysis of budget status and detailed analytical reports for management review.
• DISTRICT FINANCIAL REPORTS - Responsible for preparing the District Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and required reports for regulatory agencies.
• PROGRAM REGISTRATION – Ensure that the registration financial process and procedures are in compliance with the District’s financial policies and procedures.
• PERSONNEL: Responsible for employee relation functions including, but not limited to managing staff, recommending hiring, scheduling and delegating work assignments, meetings, training and development, performance evaluations, reports on potential or actual employee performance problems and recommends any disciplinary action.
• MEETINGS AND TRAINING: Responsible for conducting, attending, and participating in meetings and training to include monthly Board of Director’s meetings and is a member of Senior Management, represents at management team.
• Must maintain all required training designated for the position.
• Performs other duties as needed
If interested, please submit the following to the Personnel Office located at the Riverlakes Administrative Complex, 3825 Riverlakes Dr, Bakersfield, CA, 93312.
Employment Application, Resume, Application Addendum, and a DMV print out. (Resume’s not accepted in place of a District Application)
Visit www.norfun.org, to download a District Application and Addendum, or contact the Personnel Office at (661) 392-2000.