||City of Laguna Beach
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
The City of Laguna Beach is excited to announce that it is now accepting applications for an experienced, team-oriented Accountant in the Administrative Services Department. Under general supervision of the Finance Officer, the Accountant performs a variety of responsible professional accounting work for the City including the maintenance, compilation, and review of various financial records. This position plays a vital role in the daily functions of the Finance Division. The Accountant assumes responsibility for municipal accounting and performs various other financial duties for the City.
- Attention to Detail
- Action & Results Focused
- Analyzing & Interpreting Data
- Critical Thinking
- Using Technology
- Handling Stress
To Be Considered:
A complete City online application must be submitted by the close of the filing deadline of Monday, November 19, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
Selection testing may consist of a written exam, structured panel interview and other job-related assessment tools developed to predict successful job performance. At the conclusion of selection testing, names of candidates deemed eligible for hire will be placed on an employment eligibility list. Appointing authorities review all job related qualifications of those deemed eligible for hire before making selection decisions.
Selected candidates must successfully pass a police background check with the Laguna Beach Police Department, a fingerprint check with the State Department of Justice, and a pre-placement physical and drug test.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Reviews daily cash receipts and revenue distribution
- Prepares bank reconciliations
- Prepares correcting and adjusting journal entries
- Assists in year-end closing and audit preparation
- Maintains subsidiary schedules for deposits and inventory of City vehicles and other fixed assets
- Periodically reviews parking revenue deposits and distribution
- Monitors and reports on the status of county, state and federal grants, reviews grant contracts, amendments and other documents to insure grant compliance
- Performs comprehensive financial studies as directed
- Assists with budget preparation and monitoring
- Prepares sewer and solid waste property assessment
- Collects and records transient occupancy tax revenue
- May review the work of other accounting and clerical staff
- Performs other related financial duties as assigned
Any combination demonstrating the ability to effectively and successfully perform the duties of the position is considered qualifying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting.
Experience: Four years of professional accounting experience, preferably in the governmental accounting field.
Equivalency Provision: A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or completion of an MBA or Master's in a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to two years of the professional accounting experience requirement.
- CPA is preferred, but not required
- Due to the performance of field duties, which may require the operation of a personal or City vehicle, a valid California Driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
How to Apply / Contact
Please complete a City online application by Monday, November 19, 2018 at 11:59 PM. Candidates can click on the following link Accountant Job Posting