The Finance Department at the City of Garden Grove is looking for qualified applicants for the position of Utilities Revenue Supervisor. Under general direction, the Utilities Revenue Supervisor is responsible for performing complex professional and analytical work in support of all Finance Department's cash-flow, investment, utility rates and billing functions, including supervising and coordinating of utility billing, receivables, collections and cashiering duties.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate would have supervisory experience with the ability to motivate employees, possess a solid foundation of accounting principles, develop and foster collaborative working relationships, communicate clearly orally and in writing, be detail-oriented, proficiently use computer programs, resolve variety of problems with the public, and have strong customer service skills.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Organize, plan, and participate in the work involved with water, sanitation and miscellaneous billings;
- Perform various duties as assigned in support of the City's cash management and investments;
- Administer rate adjustments;
- Reconcile customer account differences;
- Accrue all assigned revenues, and prepare investment journal entry at year-end and prepares reports for financial audit;
- Oversee the preparation of documents necessary for collecting delinquent accounts through collection agencies, small claims and bankruptcy courts;
- Analyze all receivable accounts and ensure reconciliation to the general ledger;
- Participate in the selection, training and evaluation of support staff;
- Ensure that the billing is completed accurately and processed in a timely manner;
- Work cooperatively with the public and effectively resolve complaints and problems;
- Support the cash management and investments activities of the division;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Three years of municipal experience in either accounting, utility rates/billing, or financial analysis/administration including one year of either supervisory or lead experience.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in business administration or accounting.
Basic office procedures and practices; methods of administration involved in overseeing a billing operation, including delegating and reviewing various production oriented tasks and special problems; computerized reporting and how to locate input errors, make corrections and recommendations for program changes; customer service principles and techniques.
Balance cash and prepare daily deposits; interpret policies relating to concerns from the public and resolve those concerns within policy guidelines; work well with various personalities; practice customer service principles; recognize the difference between errors and potential theft; prepare written correspondence.
Online applications can be completed by visiting: www.ggcity.org/hr.
The deadline to apply is Monday, March 4, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.