The East Bay Regional Park District (Park District) is a system of beautiful parklands and trails in Alameda and Contra Costa counties east of San Francisco Bay, established in 1934. The system comprises 121,000 acres in 73 parks including over 1,250 miles of trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding and nature learning. Park District employees perform a variety of roles to meet our mission to preserve a rich heritage of natural and cultural resources and provide open space, parks, trails, safe and healthful recreation and environmental education. We employ Park Rangers, Farmers, Mechanics, to administrative staff such as a Finance Supervisor in the Payroll Office to ensure Park District employees are paid timely and accurately!
- Respect: We honor each other, the park users we serve, and the land we steward.
- Resilience: We creatively adapt to change. We address challenges with empathy, perspective, and determination.
- Relationships: Our greatest strength lies in the trust, accountability, and teamwork we cultivate with our colleagues, partners, and the public we serve.
- Responsiveness: We communicate openly, honestly, and reliably.
- Transparency: We hold the public's trust through meaningful stakeholder engagement and unfettered access to timely and reliable information on decisions and performance.
What You'll Be Doing
Under the general direction of the Assistant Finance Officer, you will supervise staff involved in the administration of payroll for the Park District. This includes auditing timecards submitted through a web-based time-entry system to ensure employees are being paid accurately in accordance with provisions in the Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), and federal, state and local laws and regulations including Park District policies and procedures. You will also work closely with other departments within the Park District such as Human Resources on personnel changes and Information Services on timesheet interface systems. You will also be involved in many other programs such as the employee leave donation bank and direct deposit/pay card program.
The Park District currently has one vacancy in the Payroll Office at Headquarters: 2950 Peralta Oaks Court, Oakland, CA 94605. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
We're Are Looking For Someone Who
A Few Reasons Why You May Love This Job
- Has knowledge of CalPERS retirement payroll reporting and reconciling
- Has knowledge of payroll laws and taxes
- Is a strong communicator
- Has excellent customer service skills & supervisory experience
- Is self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- This classification will receive another 3.0% increase April 1, 2019
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement and retirement pension through California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) at 2.5% for classic members.
- No employee portion contribution for Kaiser HMO or PPO Plans
- The East Bay Regional Park District, as an equal employment opportunity employer