||City of Rolling Hills Estates
ACCOUNTANT (Payroll & AP)
Under the general supervision of the Administrative Services Director, this position performs advanced professional accounting work and related financial management functions, including but not limited to, payroll processing, accounts payable, journal entries, grant accounting, general ledger analysis, and financial reporting. Perform such additional tasks and duties as directed by the Administrative Services Director and assumes the duties of Administrative Services Director in the Director's absence. Self-motivated in need of minimal supervision.
Examples of Duties
- Payroll Processing
- Accounts Payable
- Journal entry; grant accounting; general ledger analysis, and financial reporting
- Identify problems and recommend solutions
- Business License support, as needed
- Perform related work as required.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance or related field.
Four years in a position in general accounting, including duties relative to payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial records and reports, governmental and auditing experience desired.
Valid California Driver's License
- Payroll and accounts payable
- Software Superion eFinancePLUS, desired
- Professional governmental accounting and auditing experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Business English, spelling and punctuation
- Modern office practices, methods and computer equipment
- Applicable codes, regulations, policies, and technical processes and procedures related to the department to which assigned
- Techniques for dealing effectively with a high-level of customer service with the public, vendors, contractors, and City staff, in person and over the telephone.
- Maintain fiscal and accounting records
- Apply governmental accounting principles
- Utilize software programs and applications
- Analyze financial data and create conclusions with reports
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Promote good relations with the public, City officials, City staff and other government agencies.
- Maintain professionalism, courtesy and composure at all times, including stressful situations, and handle disputes and complaints in a calm manner
- Evaluate situations, identify problems, and exercise sound judgment within established guidelines;
- Work effectively in a team environment;
- Problem solver;
- Serve as emergency services worker in the event of an emergency.
Moderate; Typical office setting with prolonged periods of sitting; may require some driving to different locations; Performs work involving lifting, pushing and/or pulling of objects which may weigh up to 25 pounds. General use of standard office equipment, including a computer and computer screen for extended periods of time. Intermittently twist to reach office equipment; bend, squat and kneel when filing; walk and stand when operating office equipment; write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; hear and talk with the public; file papers and reports. Ability to be present at work during normal business hours. Ability to hear and speak to communicate in person or over the telephone. Must be able to handle stressful situations.
Must clear LiveScan fingerprint (background) check.
Must pass Pre-placement physical exam.
Must clear E-Verify process.
The City of Rolling Hills Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable state and federal law and City policy. Please contact Human Resources for more information or to submit a request for reasonable accommodation.