||Lamorinda School Bus Transportation Authority
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
An Outstanding Opportunity
The Lamorinda School Bus Program is recruiting for the position of Program Manager. The Lamorinda School Bus Program is not your average school bus program! In 1994 the municipalities and school districts in Lamorinda collaborated together to establish a school bus program for the purpose of traffic mitigation. Today, the LSBP operates twenty-two buses serving nearly 1500 students in the Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda Union and Acalanes Union High School Districts. During the 2017-18 school year, the program successfully eliminated 652,860
The school bus program is governed by a Joint Powers Authority (JPA) called the Lamorinda School Bus Transportation Agency (LSBTA). The LSBTA is comprised of elected officials from each of the cities and school districts and is staffed by a Program Manager. The position is located at Lafayette City Offices. Located just 20 minutes from downtown San Francisco via BART, Lafayette prides itself on its vibrant downtown, beautiful tree-studded hillsides and great schools.
The Program Manager will perform the following major duties:
- Manage and monitor the school bus transportation contracts and agreements.
- Evaluate performance and effectiveness of the program and make recommendations for and execute changes in operations as necessary.
- Monitor and direct day-to-day operations of the school bus program including website maintenance, fee collection and pass distribution.
- Develop and monitor budgets, oversee financial well-being of the program, analyze cost effectiveness and exercise cost control.
- Provide highest level of customer service to program participants and respond to complex, sensitive inquiries and/or controversial issues.
The Ideal Candidate
The Agency seeks a high energy professional who is self-motivated, creative, tactful and detail-oriented. The candidate should have the equivalent of a four year college degree with coursework in public administration, public policy, business administration or related field. Five years of increasingly responsible professional, administrative experience is required. Experience in a government or school district setting is preferred and a Master’s degree is highly desirable. Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills are required.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for the position is $100,867 - $132,680. The attractive benefits package includes:
- A 401-A retirement plan with employer-paid monthly contributions of 10% of salary with the option of a 5% match as well as employer-paid social security contributions. The Lamorinda Bus Program Transportation Agency does not participate in PERS.
- Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance up to 95% as well as generous in-lieu payments for those that opt out of health and dental insurance.
- Employer-paid life insurance, disability insurance and employee assistance program.
- Commuter benefits including 50% subsidy of BART tickets for employees who use BART to get to work.
- 12 paid holidays, 10 days executive leave and up to 20 days of annual vacation depending on tenure.
- Challenging, interesting work; opportunities for innovation and creativity; family friendly policies; a flexible work environment; and casual dress.
How to Apply / Contact
The final filing date is April 5, 2019. To be considered, you must submit an online Employment Application, plus relevant materials that amplify your qualifications. Please apply at www.lovelafayette.org/jobs. Email [email protected] for questions. If you want to find out more about the School Bus Program, go to www.lamorindaschoolbus.org.
Following the filing date, resumes will be screened and candidates with the most relevant qualifications will be invited to interviews in mid-April with an anticipated start date in May 2019.