||City of San Jose
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
Under general supervision from the City’s Debt Administrator, this position is expected to perform complex financial analyses and manage complex financial processes and operations relating to the administration of the City’s debt program. This position will be a key player in the City’s debt management program. Some of the duties of this position may include:
- Performs professional level functions associated with the management, monitoring, and administration of the City-wide Debt Program.
- Effectively collaborate with City accounting and investment staff in the management of the City’s debt portfolio.
- Actively engaged in the issuance of debt across a broad range of credits including general obligation, lease revenue, airport, wastewater, sewer, land-based (assessment districts/community facilities districts) and multi-family housing revenue with a variety of tools including fixed rate bonds, variable rate bonds, commercial paper, bank loans, private placements and notes.
- Coordinate and work effectively in the bond financing team which includes City Attorney’s Office, City departments, municipal advisor, bond counsel, trustees/fiscal agent and underwriters in order to effectively manage the debt issuance process and to manage the City’s large and diverse debt portfolio.
- Maintains or supervises the maintenance of a large computerized debt management database, including maintenance of appropriate accounts.
- Coordinates investment of bond proceeds.
- Reviews outstanding debt issues and completes complex interim arbitrage calculations to determine rebate liabilities to the IRS and coordinates five-year arbitrage calculations with arbitrage rebate consultant.
- Reviews regular, periodic account statements and other reports to ensure an appropriate account management and adherence to legal requirements and conformance with City policy.
- Prepares complex financial reports and analyses as part of the City's production and presentation of financial reports.
- Utilize and manage relational database applications and run query techniques.
- Prepares annual continuing disclosure reports and necessary compliance reporting subject to Rule 15c2-12.
- Ability to analyze, process information provided by the debt administrator to complete assignments, solve complex assignments and work independently as necessary.
How to Apply / Contact
Click on this link for the City’s Benefits page and click here for the Finance Department’s website.
Information regarding the California Equal Pay Act can be found by clicking this link.
To apply, please complete an application via the City of San Jose’s website at www.sanjoseca.gov/citycareers. The application deadline is July 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM. Please allow adequate time to complete the application and submit before the deadline or the system may not save your application. If your online application was successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation email to the email address you provided. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE CONFIRMATION, please email [email protected] and we will research the status of your application. Please contact Human Resources at (408) 535-1285, or [email protected] if you have any questions.
If you have questions about the duties of these positions, the selection or hiring processes, please contact Tim Kawasaki at [email protected].
Please note: The salary range for this position is 88,088-107,328.00. In addition, this salary, employees in this Financial Analyst classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay.