The Regional Water Authority (RWA) and the Sacramento Groundwater Authority (SGA) are seeking a knowledgeable and highly motivated individual to become a key member of our small, but effective team. RWA and SGA are seeking a Finance and Administrative Services Manager with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills to provide financial and administrative support including: to plan, organize, and manage the financial and accounting operations of the of the RWA and SGA; to administer human resource functions; to ensure that general office administrative support is provided; and to serve as Board Secretary and Treasurer to the two Boards.
This confidential position fulfills the accounting, finance and human resource functions of both organizations. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience, with a range from $92,988 to $111,588 per year. RWA offers CalPERS retirement and other comprehensive benefits.
The RWA is a joint powers agency formed in 2001 that includes 21 municipal water suppliers serving two million people in Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, Yolo, and Sutter counties. RWA’s mission is to serve and represent regional water supply interests and assist members with protecting and enhancing the reliability, availability, affordability, and quality of water resources. The SGA is a joint powers agency formed in 1998 to sustainably manage the groundwater basin underlying the Sacramento County north of the American River. The RWA and SGA share a combined staff of seven personnel. The RWA/SGA office is in Citrus Heights, about 15 miles east of downtown Sacramento.
The principal responsibilities of the Finance and Administrative Services Manager include:
· Preparation of special district annual budgets,
· Maintains awareness of costs and future projections for escalating costs associated with CalPERS Retirement and other Post-Employment Benefits,
· Maintains general ledger, supporting records, and prepares closing and adjusting entries for processing reports and financial records as necessary, and reconciling all accounts,
· Develops and issues Requests for Proposals, and participates in the selection and oversight of consulting firms related to office administration, finance and human resources,
· Supports the monthly Board meetings, including preparing staff reports, preparing and/or reviewing minutes, and presentations,
· Schedule and coordinates annual audit, including providing supporting work papers for external auditors.
The position requires the following skills and knowledge:
· Knowledge of special revenue funds, governmental fund and enterprise fund accounting and financial statements and generally accepted accounting practices,
· Experience with accounts payable, including processing payments to vendors,
· Experience with accounts receivables, including collections,
· Experience with processing payroll, related federal and state tax compliance, and other payroll deductions,
· Knowledge of human resources administration, including benefit administration, personnel on-boarding, training, supervision, and regulatory compliance,
· Experience with grant funding and administration,
· Familiarity with development of a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report that complies with the accounting requirements promulgated by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB),
· Strong organizational skills, including an ability to meet diverse accounting, regulatory, board, and human resource deadlines,
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills,
· Willingness to cover other duties involving office administration, as needed,
· Proficient ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint,
· Experience with using accounting software, preferably Sage Business Works.
Five years of increasingly responsible experience performing accounting and financial duties, including two years of supervisory and human resources responsibility. Work experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration or related field.
Submit cover letter and resume to Nancy Marrier at [email protected]. Resumes must be received on or before August 2, 2019. For more information, visit rwah2o.org or contact Nancy Marrier at (916) 967-7692.