The ideal candidate for this position must possess a professional history that demonstrates the following:
· Knowledge of government accounting and budgeting administration, principles, practices and financial reporting.
· Ability to perform and manage complex financial analysis and research for time-sensitive, high-volume, large-dollar transactions.
· Ability to prepare complete and accurate financial reports.
· Knowledge of Federal, State, and third-party regulations applicable to public finance and ability to interpret and explain department and City policies.
· Knowledge of internal control and cash handling practices.
· Ability to exercise principles of supervision, training, and performance management.
· Ability to use and train users on financial and accounting software, computer systems, and equipment.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, fellow staff, government representatives, and consultants.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
· A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible accounting experience.
· CPA license is required.
· Public sector experience is highly desirable. Supervisory experience is preferred.
· Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration, or a closely related field. Master's degree in Public Administration, Business, Finance, or Accounting are highly desirable.