||Santa Clara Valley Water District
SENIOR MANAGEMENT ANALYST (Senior Budget Analyst)
$9,434.53 - $12,081.33 Monthly
Sun. 08/18/19 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Santa Clara Valley Water District
Budget and Financial Analysis Unit
Position Code 0857
San Jose, CA
The Senior Management Analyst position for the Budget Office supports the long-term forecast, annual budget development and ongoing monitoring and analysis for the Watersheds operations with an annual budget of $120.6 million. This position supports key strategic initiatives in the budget management of a core business function of Valley Water to implement the Board adopted policies related to healthy and safe environment for residents, businesses and visitors as well as future generations, and water resources stewardship to protect and enhance watersheds and natural resources and to improve the quality of life in Santa Clara Valley.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the 10-Year Long-Term Forecast (LTF) Process for Watersheds Operations.
- Annual Budget Development.
- Ongoing Budget Monitoring and Analysis.
- Special projects.
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
Ideal Candidate's Background includes:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as the lead financial/budget analyst in a public agency working on an operating and capital budget of $100 million or more.
- Experience supporting a specific business unit or division with all budgetary activities including developing, monitoring, analyzing and communicating budget items.
- Experience with process improvements, and collaborating with others to implement solutions.
In-depth knowledge of CA local government policies and principles of budget preparation, monitoring, analysis, forecasting, internal control, and financial management.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, ability to utilize Excel advanced functions, database/ERP systems and Vena budget software is a strong plus.
- Ability to work independently, take the lead on the assigned functional area and build strong rapport with key stakeholders ranging from executive management to administrative staff.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written. Proven ability to prepare documentation and present/train others and engage the audience in a public speaking forum.
- The ability to present to the Board, members of the public, and internal stakeholders.
Ideal Training and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Financial Management, Economics, Business Administration with 5 years of experience. Master's degree is preferred.
Government Finance Officers Association certification in Budget management is a plus.
Closing Date for Applications: Closing Sun. 08/18/19 11:59 PM Pacific Time
For detailed information regarding requirements and qualifications for this opening and to apply online, please see the job posting by clicking on the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd
Please visit our website: www.valleywater.org