CITY OF RANCHO CUCAMONGA invites applications for the position of:
|| $5,641.00 - $7,608.00 Monthly
|| 09/20/2019, 05:00 PM
WHY JOIN #TEAMRC:
The City of Rancho Cucamonga is not your average public agency employer. We have evolved from the antiquated civil service government employment of the past. Our driving staff force, known as Team RC, embodies a culture of innovation and collaboration. We believe that our employees are the best representation of our values and we strive to be on the cutting edge of diversity, inclusion, and technology.
When you join Team RC, whether you're front-and-center or behind-the-scenes, you can rest assured that your work makes an impact in the community you serve. Our enthusiasm for public service and our commitment to continuous learning helps Team RC focus on what really matters.....service and people.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING HERE AT TEAM RC:
This position might be perfect for you if:
- You are a numbers enthusiast. You love numbers, accounting for them, analyzing them, and helping others understand them.
- You have a knack for communication and know how to explain complicated matters to people without expertise in finance.
- You are friendly and approachable and enjoy helping others succeed.
- You are innovative and allow your creativity to shine when a complex task rears its head.
- You're comfortable not knowing all the answers because solving the puzzle by digging into data is your idea of a good time. It is just another opportunity to learn and grow.
- You pay attention to the details and see the little things that make the difference.
- You are a leader! You conduct yourself with honesty and integrity, encourage collaboration, empower your staff through training and access to needed resources, assist in policy setting, and serve as an advocate for the City's mission, vision, and values.
A day in the life would consist of:
- Working with a complex, and extensive, cash and investment reconciliation.
- Completing monthly reconciliations for accounts receivable and supporting the collections function.
- Collaborating with other departments on new and existing grant funding opportunities to ensure compliance with grant requirements and ensuring all grant revenue and expenditures are properly accounted for.
- Implementing new accounting standards, such as the new lease accounting standard. Viewing webinars, attending conferences, and participating in training on new accounting standards and practices.
- Brainstorming ideas with the Finance Director and Finance Manager on how to address financial issues and create policy.
- Maintaining existing financial software and implementing new software and applications, as applicable.
- Partnering with the Finance Director and Finance Manager to develop a top-notch team.
ARE YOU QUALIFIED:
Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from and accredited college with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration or a related field, and three years of professional experience in governmental or municipal accounting, including some supervisory experience or any combination of training and experience that provides the desired knowledge and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and auditing; governmental accounting and budgeting; general office procedures; methods and techniques of supervision. Ability to apply and adapt accounting and auditing principles and procedures to a variety of municipal accounting work; interpret and apply related Federal and state laws, ordinances, regulations, procedures and guidelines; analyze data and draw logical conclusions; prepare and maintain accurate reports and records; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; coordinate the work of others engaged in related accounting activity; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Long periods of sitting. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper; occasional lifting of items weighing up to twenty-five pounds such as files, stacks of paper, reference and other materials. Moving from place to place within the office; some reaching for items above and below desk level. Strength, dexterity, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods.
Generally clean work environment with limited exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, odor or noise. Video terminal is used on a daily basis.
WHERE DO YOU GO FROM HERE:
All applicants are required to apply online at www.cityofrc.us/RCjobs. Closing date is 5:00 pm on Friday, September 20, 2019, or until a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Applications must be complete and demonstrate that the minimum qualifications are met. All statements made on the application are subject to investigation and verification. Resumes may be attached to completed application form as supplemental information, but will not be accepted in lieu of an official application form. Applications will be screened and the most qualified candidates who best match the needs of the City will be invited to compete further in the examination process. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will remain candidates until a final offer is accepted by the candidate who most closely meets the requirements of the City. The City may conclude that none of the candidates, even those who meet the minimum qualifications, are appropriate for the position.
Successful candidates shall be required to:
- Complete a verification form designated by Immigration and Naturalization Service to certify that they are eligible for employment in the United States of America; and
- Pass a pre-employment medical exam; Degree verification and credit check
- Provide proof of a valid California driver's license and be insurable; and
- Pass a reference and background verification. References will not be contacted until a mutual interest has been established.
The City of Rancho Cucamonga participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. In accordance, the City will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information regarding E-Verify, the Federal Government's online employment eligibility verification system, please visit www.uscis.gov.
The City of Rancho Cucamonga is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. In addition, the City of Rancho Cucamonga abides by a nepotism policy which may preclude you from being hired if the City employs a relative. The City of Rancho Cucamonga makes reasonable accommodations for disabled persons, considering each situation on an individual basis. Please make direct requests for accommodation to Human Resources. For information on Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act, please click here (Download PDF reader). There is a no smoking policy in effect in all City Offices and vehicles. Finally, please note that the provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice. Questions regarding this recruitment may be directed to Human Resources at [email protected]. Applicants may wish to visit the City's official website at www.cityofrc.us for more information.