CITY OF RANCHO CUCAMONGA invites applications for the position of:
Salary: $6,684.00 - $9,014 Monthly
Closing Date: 10/23/2019, 05:00 PM
WHY JOIN #TEAMRC:
The City of Rancho Cucamonga is not your average public agency employer. We have evolved from the antiquated civil service government employment of the past. Our driving staff force, known as Team RC, embodies a culture of innovation and collaboration. We believe that our employees are the best representation of our values and we strive to be on the cutting edge of diversity, inclusion, and technology.
When you join Team RC, whether you're front-and-center or behind-the-scenes, you can rest assured that your work makes an impact in the community you serve. Our enthusiasm for public service and our commitment to continuous learning helps Team RC focus on what really matters.....service and people.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING HERE AT TEAM RC:
This position might be perfect for you if:
- You are a numbers enthusiast. You love numbers, accounting for them, analyzing them, and helping others understand them.
- You have a knack for communication and know how to explain complicated matters to people without expertise in finance.
- You are friendly and approachable and enjoy helping others succeed.
- You are innovative and allow your creativity to shine when a complex task rears its head.
- You're comfortable not knowing all the answers because solving the puzzle by digging into data is your idea of a good time. It is just another opportunity to learn and grow.
- You pay attention to the details and see the little things that make the difference.
- You are a leader! You conduct yourself with honesty and integrity, encourage collaboration, empower your staff through training and access to needed resources, assist in policy setting, and serve as an advocate for the City's mission, vision, and values.
A day in the life would consist of:
- Actively managing the daily operations of the Revenue Management Division of the Finance Department.
- Performing daily cash management analyses to ensure the City's daily cash needs are being met, including determining need for transfers to/from the City's LAIF accounts.
- Managing the City's banking relationships.
- Assisting the City Treasurer and Finance Director in administering and reporting on investment activities.
- Monitoring recurring revenues and preparing estimates for major revenue sources, evaluating estimates provided by other departments for reasonableness, and preparing revenue forecasts for future years.
- Managing third party contracts for revenue collection, such as Data Ticket.
- Establishing and overseeing efforts to collect past due miscellaneous receivables through a third-party collection agency.
- Attending and participating in professional group meetings and training opportunities to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the fields of accounting, investments, and treasury/cash management.
- Providing professional staff assistance to the Finance Director in a variety of related assignments.
ARE YOU QUALIFIED:
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field; five years of professional and progressively responsible experience, at least three years of which was in revenue management or treasury operations, and at least two years in a supervisory capacity; or any combination of training and experience that provides the desired knowledge and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of revenue management, cashiering, accounting, and business licensing. Knowledge of principles and practices governing commercial banking relationships, products, and services; revenue forecasting; and effective management and supervision. Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations pertaining to public finance, investment, and accounting. Ability to recommend and implement goals, objectives, and practices for providing effective and efficient accounting, investment, and treasury/cash management services; demonstrate proven leadership ability and outstanding "soft skills" which include qualities such as remaining visible and approachable, interacting with others on a regular basis, promoting a cooperative work environment, allowing others to learn from mistakes, and identifying a clear, motivating, challenging vision; plan, organize, train, evaluate and direct work of assigned staff; manage the City's banking relationships; effectively analyze problems and identify viable, well thought out solutions; perform complex financial, investment, and accounting work; prepare and administer budgets; prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive administrative and financial reports; interpret and apply the policies, procedures, laws, codes and regulations pertaining to assigned programs and functions; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; and establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
While performing the duties of this class, the employee is constantly required to sit and frequently stand, walk, talk, and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands or fingers to handle, touch or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally reaches items above or below desk level and lifts and carries records and documents typically weighing less than 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Generally clean work environment with limited exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, odor or noise. Occasional driving is required to attend meetings at various City facilities, training sites, and public and private events.
All applicants are required to apply online at www.cityofrc.us/RCjobs. Closing date is 5:00 pm on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, or until a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Applications must be complete and demonstrate that the minimum qualifications are met. All statements made on the application are subject to investigation and verification. Resumes may be attached to completed application form as supplemental information, but will not be accepted in lieu of an official application form. Applications will be screened and the most qualified candidates who best match the needs of the City will be invited to compete further in the examination process. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will remain candidates until a final offer is accepted by the candidate who most closely meets the requirements of the City. The City may conclude that none of the candidates, even those who meet the minimum qualifications, are appropriate for the position.
Successful candidates shall be required to:
- Complete a verification form designated by Immigration and Naturalization Service to certify that they are eligible for employment in the United States of America; and
- Pass a pre-employment medical exam; Degree verification and credit check; and
- Provide proof of a valid California driver's license and be insurable; and
- Pass a reference and background verification. References will not be contacted until a mutual interest has been established.
The City of Rancho Cucamonga participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. In accordance, the City will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information regarding E-Verify, the Federal Government's online employment eligibility verification system, please visit www.uscis.gov.
The City of Rancho Cucamonga is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. In addition, the City of Rancho Cucamonga abides by a nepotism policy which may preclude you from being hired if the City employs a relative. The City of Rancho Cucamonga makes reasonable accommodations for disabled persons, considering each situation on an individual basis. Please make direct requests for accommodation to Human Resources. For information on Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act, please visit this link: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf. There is a no smoking policy in effect in all City Offices and vehicles. Finally, please note that the provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice. Questions regarding this recruitment may be directed to Human Resources at [email protected]. Applicants may wish to visit the City's official website at www.cityofrc.us for more information.
Interested candidates may view the job description, create a profile, and apply online using the link below.
For applicant assistance, please contact NEOGOV at 855-524-5627.
Questions regarding this recruitment can be directed to Candace Alba, Human Resources Technician, at the following email address: [email protected]