Annual Salary: $109,990.40 – 137,363.20
Deadline to Apply: October 28, 2019 by 11:59 PM PST
The Chief Financial Officer is an executive manager and integral member of Library Management Team; actively serves as the Library’s lead financial professional and strategist; and serves as the lead financial professional and division head for the Budget and Finance Division. The incumbent oversees, coordinates, and reviews the work of staff performing complex professional, technical, and office support related to all programs and activities of the division; develops and administers current and long-range planning activities; manages the effective use of the Library resources to improve organizational productivity and customer service and reach operational goals; and provides highly complex and responsible support to the Library Director in areas of expertise.
This executive position oversees the work of the Department in the areas of finance, procurement, payroll, including preparation of the Library’s operational and capital improvements budgets, financial statements, and the annual audit.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· Effective leadership qualities.
· A passion for public service.
· Creativity and flexible thinking.
· Proven ability as a self- starter; comfortable working independently with general oversight/direction.
· Exceptional character, with very high ethical standards, who naturally earns the confidence and trust of others.
· Demonstrated experience as a professional who will continue to move the Library forward by providing clear direction to staff and by engaging and building relationships and managing the daily operations of the department including budget preparation and administration, audit requirements and guidelines, record keeping and documentation, sourcing and formulating priorities for funding resources, fiscal sustainability, and internal controls.
· Experience with the fiscal operations and revenue and management of related project budgets and timelines, budgeting and forecasting and strategic planning.
· Proven ability to develop and implement organizational policies and procedures.
· As part of the executive leadership team, the demonstrated ability to work strategically and collaboratively with the team members and the to implement and manage initiatives, plans, policies and priorities.
· Ability to mentor and develop staff, possess exceptional management skills and be able to delegate effectively while holding staff accountable.
· Demonstrated ability to be highly adaptable, flexible and politically astute in dealing with the changing expectations.
· Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable presenting in a public forum and delivering technical information in an understandable format.
· Savvy technology skills.
· Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business or public administration, accounting, finance, or a related field; and six (6) years of increasingly responsible experience performing professional-level work related to accounting, budgetary analysis, general administration including budget preparation, fiscal analysis, research, and preparation of written reports and recommendations, two (2) years of which included experience as a manager, supervisor, or staff lead.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $109,990.40 – 137,363.20 annually, (COLA increase of 3% on 1/2020 and 1/2021). Employees advance through the range based upon time and performance. The Library offers a generous variety of benefits for its employees including CalPERS retirement; health, dental vision and life insurance, and a voluntary deferred compensation plan.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please find the brochure at: http://www.rgsjpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/SoCoLibrary-CFO-Final-Bulletin.pdf
Applications can be submitted at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rgs/clientrecruit/jobs/2595211/chief-financial-officer-for-the-sonoma-county-library?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Deadline to Apply October 28, 2019 by 11:59 PM PST
Each candidate’s background will be evaluated on the basis of information submitted at the time of application, and qualified candidates will participate in a preliminary phone interview. Only the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in a panel interview process. Only the names of the most-qualified candidates who pass the panel interview process will be submitted for consideration for final selection.
Neither Regional Government Services nor the Library are responsible for failure of internet forms or email transmission in submitting your application. Candidates who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise RGS by emailing [email protected]
Sonoma County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer