Salary Range: $4,534.00 - $5,566.00 Monthly
The City of Huntington Park is offering an excellent career opportunity for a Finance Technician to join the Finance Department.
Under supervision from the Director of Finance and Administrative Service, the successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of advanced finance or accounting work in the maintenance of general ledger records, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue collections, utility billing, parking citations, business license, cashiering, and data processing.
Minimum qualifications include:
Associate of Arts degree in accounting or other related field.
One (1) year of relevant financial experience.
License or Certificate:
A valid California Class C Driver’s License and a satisfactory driving record.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank accounts; general ledger, payroll and worker’s compensation;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of recreation and utility deposits and other deposits as received;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of accounts receivables;
- Maintains records and performs inventory of the City’s fixed equipment inventory and assets;
- Prepare monthly report to review revenue variances for utilities, business license and parking citations and provide analysis accounting for major increases or decreases;
- Prepare monthly or annual review of water meters between the City’s records and those of third party contractor;
- Reconciliation of daily cash transactions to be processed for deposit to bank and coordinate reconciliation with accounting for posting to general ledger;
- Provide solutions and actions in areas that require improvement, whether it be procedures or in equipment;
- Provide assistance with technical malfunction in data processing;
- Assists in maintaining a competent, motivated work force by training, developing and motivating lower level finance classification personnel;
- Fill in as needed for lower level finance classification employees;
- Responsibilities may include supervision of clerical employees;
- Assumes duties of immediate supervisor in his or her absence;
- Occasionally may be required to operate personal or city owned vehicles during course of employment;
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring the duties of the position are performed in a safe, effected manner;
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as situation requires.
Interested applicants should visit the City of Huntington Park's website at www.hpca.gov for complete job information and online application.
All applicants are required to complete a City job application and submit in person by Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM to the City of Huntington Park Human Resources Department, 6550 Miles Ave, Huntington Park, CA 90255.