The city of Culver City Finance Department invites applications for the following positions:
The positions assigned to this management classification perform work in the Finance Department. The current Senior Accountant vacancies are in the Accounting and Investments Division of Finance. Senior Accountant's perform complex accounting work of considerable difficulty in the maintenance of accounting records, compliance monitoring and cost control functions, and the establishment and maintenance of the unified accounting system.
Minimum Requirements for Senior Accountant:
Any combination of training and experience that could likely provide the required knowledge, skill and ability would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skill and ability would be:
1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, and
2) A minimum of four (4) years of professional level experience at the working level of professional accountant.
3) A minimum of one (1) year experience coordinating or providing technical or general supervision to others.
SENIOR MANAGEMENT ANALYST
The individual in this position will be responsible for performing advanced professional administrative work in conducting comprehensive analyses and coordinating the delivery of municipal services. Also, this individual functions as a member of the management team in the Finance Administration Division of the Finance Department.
Minimum Requirements for Senior Management Analyst:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business, public administration, or related field, plus four (4) years of responsible management assistance experience in a public sector organization. Master's Degree desirable.
This position will be an essential part of the Finance Administration Division. The Ideal Candidate has the following:
- Experience working on internal audit functions and/or experience working on capital improvement plans and budget development.
- Experience with creating complex financial reports and analysis.
- Ability to coordinate special events grant programs.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience preparing and submitting staff reports; request for proposals, and public meetings and workshops.
- Project Management experience including working with others in support of a program is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility for his/her project areas.