Who We Are
The City of Beverly Hills has a long-standing reputation for providing superior customer service to residents, businesses, and visitors. This characteristic, combined with outstanding staff in all departments, has been a hallmark of success for this high performance organization. The municipal government (approximately 1,080 full-time and part-time employees) provides the highest quality safety services, recreational, municipal services, and physical environment.
What We Do
The Finance Department provides a variety of services to other City departments and to the public and is responsible for the management and oversight of the City's budget, purchasing, accounts receivable and payable, investments, business tax collection, audits, business and transient occupancy tax collections, cashiering functions, utility billing and accounting activities.
What We're Looking For
The City of Beverly Hills is seeking an outstanding Revenue and Customer Service Manager with an strong track record of innovative process improvements and high customer service standards. The ideal candidate will possess strong verbal and written communications skills, understand and apply the Municipal Code, and possess strong people management skills. The Revenue and Customer Service Manager is expected to know how to develop, plan, administer, analyze, improve, and supervise the daily operations of specific City revenue functions that may include utility payments and accounts receivable collection, business tax collection and related City taxes and assessment fees, business registration certificate issuance and reconciliation of cash receipts, City fee and permit fee coordination and collection aid. In addition to being detail oriented, the ideal candidate should be analytical, forward-thinking, and looking for ways to improve processes, and increase efficiencies. The ideal candidate should be a team player and willing to take on a variety of tasks and see them through to completion.
The Revenue and Customer Service Manager plans, develops, administers and supervises program and staff activities engaged in citywide revenue collections, including utility billing, fee collection and billing, parking meter and parking citation collection issues, tax collection and various other revenue related operations and services. Will also conduct special studies, program analysis and customer service supervision and customer relations. Supervises subordinate staff as assigned.
Some of the core duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, plans, administers and supervises the daily operations of specific City revenue functions that may include utility payments and accounts receivable collection, business tax collection and related City taxes and assessment fees, business registration certificate issuance and reconciliation of cash receipts, City fee and permit fee coordination and collection aid.
- Supervises trains and assists in selecting technical and clerical staff. Assigns work activities, projects and programs, monitors work flow and evaluates work products as well as develops and plans daily operations.
- Coordinates and administers specialized revenue programs, utilities billing, permit fees, City fees, accounts receivables and collection as well as related policies and customer service functions.
- Analyzes monitors and evaluates programs and makes recommendations to increase effectiveness of programs.
- May oversee the receipt of funds, including collection and reconciliation of cash from citywide revenue activities.
- Administers and/or participates in the computation of charges, interests and other financial data.
- Will oversee the collection of City utility bills, parking meter and parking citation collection, business taxes, fees, permit fees and the issuance of City business registration certificate and other permits.
- May enforce applicable provisions of the City's Municipal Code through field investigations and audits, in conjunction with the City's Internal Auditor.
- Conducts complex administrative and financial studies and research, including feasibility studies, needs assessment and program evaluations.
- Develops and maintains internal operating procedures and maintains records in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and reporting guidelines as it relates to duties and responsibilities assigned.
- May prepare requests for proposals (RFP's) and negotiates and maintains contract agreements with various vendors. Monitors performance of vendors and contractors to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner, within budget and in accordance with the contract terms and conditions
- Prepares and maintains complex reports, including staff reports and various fiscal, financial and statistical records and reports.
- Receives and responds to customer inquiries, resolves escalated complaints and concerns, and assists in developing operational changes to improve customer response and satisfaction.
- Assess on-going division customer service training and development needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and whose interests and experience appear to meet the desired qualifications of the position will be invited to participate in the next steps of the recruitment process which will include:
- Supplemental Questionnaire
- Oral Interview
- Technical / Writing Project (tentative)
All applicants will be notified of their status approximately 2 - 3 weeks after the close of the recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration or a closely-related field.
- Five (5) years of recent work experience in performing complex accounting, budgeting, financial administration and technical decision-making responsibilities for significant levels of cash flow or revenue.
- At least two (2) of the five years of the work experience must include supervisory and customer service management responsibilities.
- Experience in and/or working with a public agency is highly desirable.
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration, Economics or other related field preferred.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver license.
NOTE: To be considered for this position, ALL applications must be submitted electronically via: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beverlyhills/jobs/2693362/revenue-and-customer-service-manager?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs