||Orange County Fire Authority
OPENING DATE: Wednesday, May 6, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 11:59 pm
The Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA) is currently recruiting to fill one (1) vacancy in the Business Services Department, Treasury Division. This recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and establish an eligibility list for future vacancies.
Incumbents are responsible for managing various budgeting section and supervising professional level accountants and accounting support staff.
The Budget Manager is the seventh level in an eight level finance series. The Budget Manager is distinguished from the Senior Accountant by its responsibility for managing a budgeting section. The Budget Manager is distinguished from the Finance Manager, which has divisional managerial responsibilities.
(These duties are intended to be representative sample of the duties performed by the class.)
Supervises employees, which includes: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; and making hiring, termination and disciplinary recommendations.
Plans, organizes, and manages the activities and operations of an assigned section of the division.
Develops work processes and information management tools; makes recommendations for improvements; recommends and implements changes in processes.
Oversees the design, implementation, enhancement, and control of automated financial systems.
Identifies, defines, and coordinates the resolution of fiscal problem areas.
Supervises the coordination, collection, and evaluation of data.
Ensures compliance with accounting and/or auditing principles, laws, regulations, and policies.
Participates in developing goals, objectives, and vision for the division.
Manages, coordinates, and participates in the preparation of a variety of financial reports.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Positions assigned to Budgeting:
- Managing and organizing budgeting functions and operations
- Compiling and analyzing budget data
- Managing the development and preparation of annual estimates and final charges for cash contract Cities and other entities
- Managing and participating in operational and capital improvement budget development and monitoring.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed below.
EDUCATION (position requirements at entry):
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE (position requirements at entry):
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible, general fund accounting experience, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS (position requirements at entry):
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
- Managerial principles and practices
- Financial administration principles, practices, and procedures
- Fund accounting principles
- Auditing principles and techniques
- Customer service principles
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Internal financial control practices
- Various aspects of governmental accounting administration
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations
- Automated financial systems
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Monitoring and evaluating employees
- Prioritizing and assigning work
- Managing the operations of an assigned accounting section
- Evaluating and implementing accounting procedures and systems
- Recommending and implementing procedural improvements
- Reading, comprehending, and analyzing financial statements
- Using computers and related software applications
- Preparing financial statements and/or reports
- Auditing and analyzing financial data and information
- Interpreting the financial impact of diverse and complex issues
- Organizing, evaluating, and presenting complex financial data
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Applicants must submit,during the application filing period, an online application and attach any supplemental information as required in the job announcement which may include submitting responses to a supplemental questionnaire. Online resumes and other unsolicited materials may be attached but will not be considered in lieu of the required online application, unless otherwise specified in the job announcement.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your electronic application by visiting www.ocfa.org.