||Contra Costa County Employees' Retirement Assoc
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
The Contra Costa County Employees' Retirement Association (CCCERA) located in Concord, California is offering an excellent career opportunity for an Internal Auditor to join our team. CCCERA is a contributory defined benefit pension plan covering the employees of Contra Costa County and other participating agencies and is governed by a twelve-member Board of Retirement.
Under general supervision, the successful candidate will analyze programs, departments, budgets and complex processes to identify areas of efficiency and effectiveness, and conduct program performance audits and other procedural reviews; perform duties with broad latitude for judgment relating to audit scope of CCCERA's operations; and perform related duties as assigned.
The Internal Auditor reports administratively to the Chief Executive Officer and reports functionally to the Board of Retirement (BOR) Audit Committee. Exercises no supervision over staff. This single incumbent classification acts as an objective source of independent evaluation of the retirement system's business activities and internal control functions in support of the annual audit plan. Duties are performed with a broad latitude for judgment relating to audit scope of CCCERA's accounting, investment and pension administration operations.
Example of Duties:
- Plans and conducts the internal audit of a wide variety of functions, processes and activities of CCCERA, while maintaining independence of the activities being audited
- Prepares the annual audit plan and prioritizes assignments to meet plan goals and deadlines
- Evaluates internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financial records, compliance with laws and regulations, contract terms and conditions, and the efficiency and effectiveness of CCCERA operations
- Prepares and presents periodic reports to the Audit Committee on internal audit projects
- Conducts participating employer audits, prepares and presents employer audit reports to the BOR, Audit Committee, appropriate levels of management and interested third parties, as applicable
- Performs audit projects as requested by the BOR, the Audit Committee, or appropriate management personnel
- Keeps abreast of changes in laws, rules, regulations and technology that may affect auditing procedures and participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Performs related duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications include the equivalent to a four-year degree from an accredited college with an emphasis on business, economics or accounting and five years of full-time experience as an Internal Auditor overseeing audit activities within a mid-sized organization. Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor preferred.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Ability to develop audit plans and conduct audits
- Ability to prepare and present detailed reports
- Ability to analyze statistical and financial data
- Ability to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner
Click here to view the complete job description on the CCCERA website.
How to Apply / Contact
Final Filing Date: Monday, August 3,2020
Application Filing: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply on-line at http://www.cccera.org/careers and submit the required information as indicated on the job bulletin. Applicants must clearly demonstrate that they meet the minimum qualifications. A Supplemental Questionnaire must be included with the application. Resumes may not be substituted for the official CCCERA application. Paper, faxed or late applications WILL NOT be accepted. EOE